Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sure winner. I always make this on request and never have leftovers. Awesome if eaten hot with vanilla ice cream. I usually make with less sugar - I use 1 cup each rather than 1 1/2 cup.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mix apples with salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Put apples into 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients (flour, sugars, butter and oatmeal) until crumbly.
- Crumble topping evenly over apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
I prepared this for Spring '07 PAC and I wasn't disappointed. Served warm with vanilla ice cream; well, it was great. I used 1 cup sugar rather than 1 1/2 cups and it turned out fine. Thanks for posting a recipe I will be preparing again.