1/1 Photo of Apple Creme Brulee
1 hr 15 mins
Evelyn L Jepson's Note:
A little patience in preparing the custard will reward you with this elegant finale. Recipe taked from www.foodland.gov.on.ca
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium, heavy-bottom saucepan, combine apples, Crispin, Spartan or Empire Apples can be used, sugar, cinnamon lemon rind and nutmeg.
- 2Cook over medium heat, until apples softened, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes. Spread this mixture into six, 6 ounce heatproof ramekins, and chill.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with sugar.
- 4In the saucepan that you used for the apples, heat cream, until just before boiling, scraping down the apple bits and spices on the pan into the cream mixture.
- 5Whisking constantly, pour in the egg mixture, and continue stirring until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 6Do not let it boil.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- 8Strain evenly onto the chilled apple mixture in each ramekin, and let cool.
- 9Let cool overnight.
- 10At least 1 hour before serving, and up to 1 day ahead, sprinkle custards with brown sugar.
- 11Broil for 1 to 2 minutes until sugar melts and colours.
- 12Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 219.3 mg
- Sodium 39.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 55.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g