Recipe by Donna Matthews
These muffins are part of our Thanksgiving tradition. Since we have many dishes for this holiday, I often make these muffins in mini-muffin pans and bake them only half as long.
Top Review by Marina K
Thanks for a delicious and flexible recipe! I used whole-wheat flour, added 1/4 c ground flax, apple sauce instead of oil, yogurt instead of sour cream, and 1 cup each of apples (1 large Cortland) and cranberries. My only change would be to double the cinnamon. These will definitely be remade.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup unpeeled apple, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir apple, cranberries, and walnuts into wet mixture.
- Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients.
- I use an ice cream scoop to measure batter into greased muffin cups .
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.