Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This cake is very easy to make. Looked delicious when I seen it made on TV everyone that tasted it said it was moist and yummy. The recipe comes courtsy KCRA TV and Apple Hill.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml apples, peeled & sliced
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml fresh cranberries, chopped
- 236.59 ml nuts, chopped
- 473.18 ml sugar or 236.59 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml corn syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- powdered sugar, for dusting (opitional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; prepare bundt or tube pan by greasing & flouring.
- Mix together flour. salt & baking powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until blended, batter will be stiff.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Topping: Mix all ingredients together; EXCEPT powdered sugar; until well blended.
- Pour topping over and down sides of hot cake while still in pan.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Optional; dust top with powdered sugar before serving.
Very easy, very good. I used dried cranberries, soaked and raisins, no nuts, a bit of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Super nice cake with just powdered sugar on top. I didn't use the topping either. I will make it again for sure. A Fall Winter cake.
Barb, you've done it again! Great recipe. I used Splenda in the cake and in the topping. I didn't want to buy a whole bottle of corn syrup, which I shouldn't have anyway, so I used a tablespoon of Lite pancake syrup in the topping. Gave it a slight maple flavor, which went well with the apple and cranberry. I was also lazy, and instead of slicing apples, I cored them and chopped them in the food processor. Each bite had little pieces of apple and cranberry. Thanks for posting this!
EXCELLENT! We love the combination of Apples and Cranberries! This is a keeper in my files! THANKS for SHARING a GREAT recipe BARB!