- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the self-rising flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the walnuts.
- Combine the chopped apples, butter, cheese, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the apple mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 5x9 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes. Cover loaf with foil during the last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.