1/1 Photo of Apple Cake/Bars
This is a wonderful dessert, served warm or cold. It is also great as a sweet breakfast cake. It is especially good served warm with vanilla, white chocolate or coffee ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2In a food processor or bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3Cut 3/4 cup butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture (whirl in food processor or cut in with a pasty cutter) until textured as fine crumbs.
- 4Beat milk and eggs to blend and pour into flour mixture. Whirl or stir until moistened. Knead on floured surface until dough holds together.
- 5With floured hands, press dough into bottom of 9"X13" baking dish. Press edges up sides to form a slight ridge.
- 6Arrange apple slices, slightly overlapped, in 3 rows down the length of the pan.
- 7In processor or bowl, whirl or cut together 1 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp butter, and cinnamon until it has the texture of fine crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- 8Bake in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes or until the cake is browned. Cut into squares. Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake/Bars
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.7
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 273.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g