Chocolate Chip Cake Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt shortening with remaining chocolate chips.
- Drizzle over the top and cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
MMMMM! Yummy! Moist and full of chocolate!! Baked 5-10 minutes longer than recipe cause middle was still very wiggly. Boyfriend usually doesn't eat sweets, but took a good chunk of these barss!! Didn't add nuts and didn't drizzle chocolate on top. Added extra chocolate chips to make up for loss of nuts!lol