Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wait until you smell them cooking!
Make and share this Apple Butterscotch Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Spread in a lightly greased 13"x9" pan; sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes.
- Makes about 3 dozen depending upon how big you cut them.
This is fantastic, quick, easy and a wonderful "autumn" recipe! Took this to two events and they were fighting over the last piece -- everyone wanted the recipe. I did bake mine for only 30 minutes and they were perfect. I also cut the recipe in half and made a 9X9 for our family and baked it 22 minutes -- also perfect!
We all thought these were very Yummy ! They were a bit sweet for me and I think my apples chunks were too big, but still a great combination of flavors. This is a keeper for sure. ! Thanks for sharing.
These tasted fine and smelled great as they cooked. It is probably my personal tastes but I may try these again leaving out the butterscotch chips.