Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another no-fail, great recipe from my best friend. Very tender, delicious and smells so delightful when cooking! A great company main dish - serve with my Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole. Prep. time does not include resting time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Using an injection needle, inject apple juice into the the roast in multiple places.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place tenderloin in a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Add remaining apple juice and let stand 30 minutes or chill 2 hours.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir together apple butter and remaining 4 ingredients.
- Spread or brush over roast.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 145 degrees.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- (Temperature will rise during this rest period).
not only was this so much fun to cook, i got to play with my injector- but the ingredients made a great roasted tenderloin! when it was done and i opened the oven the aroma of apples and cloves just reminded me of autumn! anyway, it was very juicy and tasty and i'll be making this again.
All in all a pretty good dish. The apple butter gave a nice taste to the meat without being overwhelming. Nice fall recipe!!
thank you for this recipe. I added cut up apples in the dish with the pork. Both turned out great. My whole family loved the flavor of the pork. very easy! I did cook it a little longer because my husband likes his meat well, well done!!!! It was still moist though! thanks