Garlic & Apple Butter Pork Tenderloin
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 25mins
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 6 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine thyme, garlic, mustard powder, the 4 tablespoons of sherry and 4 tablespoons soy sauce; add the tenderloin and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove tenderloin from the marinade (discarding marinade) and roast the tenderloin, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- While it's roasting, combine the apple butter, sherry, soy sauce and garlic salt.
- After 15 minutes, take tenderloin out of the oven and quickly cover it with the apple butter mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F, then return tenderloin to the oven and roast another 10 minutes or so, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh wow! This was better than good. I must admit, I was a little taken aback by the color/consistency of the apple butter sauce (and my kids didn't like the way it looked and scraped it off). I have a checkered history of cooking pork--usually it comes out too dry. This was moist and flavorful. I also used low-sodium soy sauce. Good news--if you divide into four servings, its only 5 WW points per serving.
see 2 more reviews