Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very different breakfast casserole from the usual baked french toast or egg ones. You will be pleasantly surprised like I was on this one!
- In small bowl, mix sour cream with brown sugar and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer 6 toast slices in greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Cover with ham.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cup cheese over ham.
- Layer remaining 6 slices toast over cheese.
- Spread pie filling over toast.
- Sprinkle with granola.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake additional 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- To serve cut into squares and top with a dollop of sour cream/brown sugar mixture.
- We also like it with butter and maple syrup and totally omit the sour cream but it is great both ways.
I make this recipe often and was going to post it when I found it already here! EVERYONE asks for the recipe every time I make it. I can't get people to try the sour cream and brown sugar mixture though, unless they are adventerous, so I always put out maple syrup, too. I prefer the sour cream topping. Goes together in minutes and feeds a good crowd.
Very good. I made my own french toast ahead of time and froze it, to save cost and I omitted the raisins. An easy and yet impressive company breakfast
This one met with mixed reactions at my house. The kids didn't care for it at all. I thought it was pretty tasty except I didn't care for the granola. The texture and taste didn't seem to fit with the rest of the dish. So I would leave that ingredient off next time. It did taste better to both husband and me the next day. I actually prefered it without sour cream or syrup. Very easy to make and thanks for something different to try.