Phyllis Bailey's Incredibly Yummy Stuffed Baked French Toast
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
24 pieces of toast
- Trim crusts from bread.
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick pan coating.
- Arrange half of bread in pan so entire bottom is covered.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, half & half, vanilla and sugar. Pour half of this liquid over the bread.
- In another separate bowl, combine filling ingredients until creamy. Pour filling over moistened bread.
- Arrange other half of bread on top of filling and pour the rest of the egg mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the nutmeg.
- Cover in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven to 60 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is very yummy. I made it to bring to work for a breakfast potluck. It went over well. The only thing to note is the ingredients listed give you enough to make two 9x13 pans full. Easy enough to cut the recipe in half, but a bit agonizing if you try to stuff 24 pieces of bread into one 9x13 pan. I also added cinnamon for my own taste buds and think it worked well.