Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm sure Everyone knows Pampered Chef!! This recipe comes from the 1995 spring/summer collection.
- 226.79 g package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2 medium apples (granny smiths)
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml clove
- 9.85 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough and place in bottom of 9x13 inch baker.
- Lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Roll dough until perforations are sealed and dough is flat.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Cut into quarters.
- Combine sugar and spices in bowl. Add apples and toss lightly.
- Place apple mixture down center of dough, approximately 2-inches wide.
- Cut 10 slits, about 3/4 inch wide on each side of dough surrounding apple mixture alternating dough strips from one side to the other. Fold ends over to seal.
- Melt butter in Micro just until it liquefies; do not boil.
- Brush with butter. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve warm. Combine sugar and milk for glaze.
- Stir until smooth. Pour over warm braid.
Rita, this was very good! Crispy on the outside, tasted like apple pie on the inside. Nice presentation,and easy to make! Thanks so much! I will be making this again!
VERY easy and VERY tasty. I can't believe it actually turned out because I usually don't have any luck with apple pies and stuff. I love the braiding technique! This also has a beautiful presentation. Thank you SO MUCH for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Yum! What an easy and delicious treat! The only change I need to make in the future is to keep an eye on it when it's in the oven. For some reason (maybe my oven is acting up), the crust came out a little overdone at 30 min. Thanks for sharing!