Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Vegetarian cookbook by Nava Atlas. I love her cookbooks. Recipe has only a few minor changes. Try this as a filling in pita pockets!
Top Review by ~Leslie~
We loved this salad for a nice light summer lunch. The crunchy pistachios and tart apples are a wonderful combination and the dressing was to die for! Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 8 :)
- 59.14 ml unsalted pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 medium tart apples, cored and diced (peel the apples only if they are thick skinned)
- 59.14 ml raisins or 59.14 ml mixed dried fruit
- 1 medium celery, with leaves diced
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped (NOT dried)
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml safflower oil
- 9.85 ml honey, softened
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- lettuce leaf, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast pistachio nuts and set aside to cool.
- Once you've cooled and chopped the pistachios, combine them with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Divide and place a serving on a bed of lettuce.