From Vegetarian cookbook by Nava Atlas. I love her cookbooks. Recipe has only a few minor changes. Try this as a filling in pita pockets!
- 59.14 ml unsalted pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 medium tart apples, cored and diced (peel the apples only if they are thick skinned)
- 59.14 ml raisins or 59.14 ml mixed dried fruit
- 1 medium celery, with leaves diced
- 29.58 ml fresh mint, chopped (NOT dried)
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml safflower oil
- 9.85 ml honey, softened
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- lettuce leaf, as needed
- Toast pistachio nuts and set aside to cool.
- Once you've cooled and chopped the pistachios, combine them with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Divide and place a serving on a bed of lettuce.
We loved this salad for a nice light summer lunch. The crunchy pistachios and tart apples are a wonderful combination and the dressing was to die for! Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 8 :)
Tasty crunchy salad, one of my faves! I really enjoyed the zing from the curry and cinnamon. I did reduce the recipe to 1 serving and enjoyed it for a light lunch. Thanks for sharing, Cookgirl!
Very good, kind of like an Indian waldorf salad. Very crisp and refreshing side to go with the spicy Indian food we had last night. Thanks Cookgirl! Made for ZWT8 trip to India.