Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a delicious dish that can be served anytime, good for company, or a healthy breakfast.
- 4 -5 tart cooking apples, peeled, and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- extra cinnamon
- maple syrup
- In a large skillet, saute apples, pecans, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, and margarine until apples begin to soften, stir often, approximately 6 minutes.
- Place in a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, orange juice, salt, and flour and beat till mixture is smooth, and stir around edges of bowl.
- Pour over apple mixture. Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon, about 1 tablespoon.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near center of casserole, comes out clean.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Had company the other day & this wonderfully delicious casserole was served as a dessert/snack in the late morning! Couldn't have been better, & the 4 of us ate most of it in one sitting! I must preferred it without the maple syrup, but the others were happy campers with that topping! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
I made a 1/2 recipe as a dessert for the DM and DS (couldn't in my wildest dreams thinks of this as a breakfast dish though the DM would love it to be). I did sub sultanas for the raisings and for dietary reasons used a sugar substitute and served with some vanilla yoghurt but will serve the other half tonight with a sugar free maple syrup. Thank you weekend cooker for a lovely dessert that the DM and DS thoroughly enjoyed, made for Everyday A Holiday.
So good!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, which would serve 2 without a problem. I used a Granny Smith Apple and think next time I would use a less tart apple due to the use of the OJ(which was the non concentrated type), but that was my fault for not thinking about the two. Or, since I usually have Granny Smith apples on hand, not use the OJ and use milk instead. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the Best of 2011!!!