Recipe by joanna_giselle
These are traditional Australian oat biscuits and until I found this recipe and made them recently, I had forgotten just how delicious they were.
Top Review by Lee_tah
This is my favorite Anzac recipe, which is also very close to the Australian Women's Weekly one. The only difference is using 1/2 cup coconut instead of a full cup. Also you put butter, golden syrup and the water in small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until butter is melted and THEN stir in soda. The mixture goes all foamy. Then put into dry ingredients. Sometimes I have to leave it at this stage to tend to the family, but it bakes up well the next day or whenever I have time to bake them off!! Amazing the things you try when you have crying kids..haha.Thanks for posting Perfect cook!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (can use white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients (oats, coconut, flour and sugar) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter and golden syrup/honey over low heat.
- Add bicarbonate soda to the boiling water and pour into butter mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix to a firm and moist consistency.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto a cold greased tray or one lined with baking paper.
- Cook for 15 min at 180 Celsius.
- Cool on wire rack.