Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother-in-law makes this punch for Christmas. The kids love it. It's easy to make, no cooking required. You can triple the batch and have it in the freezer for any special occasion.Also good for weddings,baby showers, superbowl parties or a cool drink in the summer.
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package gelatin (I prefer cherry)
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale
- In large bowl or pot mix first three ingredients together until dissolved.
- Stir in frozen lemonade and pineapple juice.
- Place in two freezer bags and freeze over night.
- Take out of freezer two hours before serving time.
- Place one bag in punch bowl and add half of ginger ale.
- Break up big chunks of frozen mixture.
- Punch will become slushy.
- Ready to serve.
I made this for my son's high school graduation party. The only difference was I did use 1 2-liter bottle of ginger ale per bag of punch and that was sweet enough. I will definitely use this again when I need a summer punch recipe. Thanks!
For whatever reason, the stars didn't show up on the review-regardless it is a five star for taste and ease of preparation
I made this for my son's HS graduation party. It was enjoyed by adults and kids alike. DS was amazed and gratified that so many of his friends told him it was great! I forgot to get this out 2 hours ahead of time and so I had to put the bags of punch in the micro and defrost them, which added a step but it was a save necessitated by my forgetfulness. I also (a recent dieter) found myself appalled by the sugar in it. So I lightened it up minutely by using sugar free jello and diet ginger ale. I thought this might impact the slushy nature of the drink but it did not appear to. Very yummy and I would use it again.
This is a great drink. I made a batch for the kids and a batch for the adults, I put peach flavored vodka in the adults punch and it was gone in no time. This is great to keep on hand incase you have company coming over! Definite Keeper.