Easy, cheesy potatoes to make that are a real crowd pleaser. These are made with frozen shredded hash browns and you can make these in the oven or in the crockpot. Very easy to make and loaded with flavor. You could add cubed ham to this and serve it as an entree with a salad and rolls.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn flakes or 2 cups French-fried onions, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, chopped onion, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Mix crushed corn flakes and 1/4 cup melted butter together and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Baked covered in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Can be made in crockpot. Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours.
Perfect cheesy potato hash browns. I love cheese so this was right up my ally with my burger dinner for today. It sure made a lot, next time I will 1/2 the recipe and believe me there will be a next time. Thank you for posting. Made for Photo Tag Game
We loved these potatoes! I made half the recipe and used the cheddar cheese soup, french fried onions, and dried minced onion. Nice and golden brown when taken out of the oven and some of the potatoes were crispy around the edges, my favorites. Thank you Crafty Lady 13 for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Australia/NewZealand Forums Recipe Tag #28.
I LOVE this cheesy potatoe recipe - it is perfection in a crockpot! I also add 8 oz. of cream cheese (regular or light neufatchel) and it turns out delicious every time.