Recipe by Roosie
From Better Homes & Gardens, May 2002. Fill these with anything you like- they're awfully cute! Feel free to substitute homemade breadstick dough for the packaged, I'm sure they'll be even better!
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough (or substitute your own)
- Dijon mustard
- prosciutto, snipped and thinly sliced
- parmesan cheese, grated or sliced swiss cheese
- pesto sauce
- pine nuts (optional)
- olive oil
- fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- coarse salt
- raisin-nut trail mix
- butter, melted
- Italian salad dressing
- parmesan cheese, grated or boursin cheese
- kalamata olive, pitted,chopped
- fresh rosemary, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to breadstick package instructions.
- Seperate dough into strips.
- Twist breadstick dough around fillings in a spiral shape.
- Place breadsticks on baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle with salt or fresh/dried herbs.
- Bake as package directs.
- VARIATIONS>>Parmesean-Prosciutto: Spread mustard over dough.
- Layer with prosciutto and cheese.
- >>PestoPile-on: Spread pesto over dough.
- Sprinkle with pinenuts, if desired.
- >>HerbalBlend: Brush dough with olive oil, sprinkle with generous amount of herbs, drizzle top with additonal olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- >>TrailMix: Sprad dough with honey, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Press trail mix into dough (this one is the one you are most likely to lose some filling on when you twist.) Brush top with melted butter.
- >>Cheese-Stuffed:Brush dough with italian dressing.
- Sprinkle with parmesean or spread on Boursin.
- Drizzle additonal dressing on top.
- >>Olive-Rosemary:press olives into dough (you are also likely to lose filling with this one) sprinkle top with rosemary.