Chef #192066's Note:
This is a wonderful dessert for any time of the year. I use frozen bagged fruit just for ease but you can use fresh. A new twist to a tried and true dish! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen strawberries (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen) or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen) or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen blueberries (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen) or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen fruit, of your choice (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup almonds (optional)
- 1In glass baking dish or deep pie dish add fruit, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- 2This is the secret ingredient!
- 3It will really make the flavor of your fruit pop.
- 4In separate bowl combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, salt, and butter, with fork until it forms a crumble consistency.
- 5Add nuts if desired.
- 6Sprinkle over top of fruit.
- 7Dot with additional butter if desired.
- 8Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until crumble on top starts to lightly brown and crisp.
- 9Serve warm or cold.
- 10Serve alone or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Any Berry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 267.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g