Chef #192066's Note:
This is a wonderful dessert for any time of the year. I use frozen bagged fruit just for ease but you can use fresh. A new twist to a tried and true dish! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen strawberries (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen) or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen) or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen blueberries (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen) or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen fruit, of your choice (May substitute 4 cups of fresh berries of choice for frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup almonds (optional)
- 1In glass baking dish or deep pie dish add fruit, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- 2This is the secret ingredient!
- 3It will really make the flavor of your fruit pop.
- 4In separate bowl combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, salt, and butter, with fork until it forms a crumble consistency.
- 5Add nuts if desired.
- 6Sprinkle over top of fruit.
- 7Dot with additional butter if desired.
- 8Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until crumble on top starts to lightly brown and crisp.
- 9Serve warm or cold.
- 10Serve alone or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Any Berry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 267.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g