Vicky Bryant's Note:
This can be a meal in and of itself with some bread and wine. Our favorite way this past summer was just to make a Beer Butt chicken and have this salad - that was all that was needed. I got this recipe out of one of my magazines (Food, Gourmet, Bon Apetite....), I'm just not sure which one...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 (8 ounce) water-packed fresh mozzarella cheese, drained,thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives or 1/4 cup other brine-cured black olives, pitted,coarsely chopped
- 1Char peppers directly over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 2Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Peel, seed, and slice peppers thinly.
- 4Combine basil leaves, garlic, and salt in processor and blend to coarse puree.
- 5With machine running, gradually blend in oil.
- 6Transfer basil oil to small bowl.
- 7(Peppers and basil oil can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.) Arrange ingredients on a large platter or in a large, shallow bowl, i.
- 9,prosciutto around outside, cheese slices within circle of prosciutto and tomatoes within circle of cheese, top with pepper strips (or however you think it will look better).
- 10Sprinkle salad with olives; drizzle with some basil oil.
- 11Serve with remaining basil oil at table.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto Salad with Basil Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.9
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 1087.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: