Recipe by Dwynnie
A good, light salad for picnics with a great, fresh flavor! Can also be used as a main dish for those hot summer days! I like to use rotelle (wheel shaped pasta) as the ingredients get stuck in the spokes!
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 lb salami, diced
- 1 cup crumbled mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese or 1 cup asiago cheese, etc
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 sprig mint, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 ounce basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked pasta, rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and shake/mix well.
- Combine the ingredients for the salad and top with the salad dressing.
- Mix gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Flavors will improve and blend if salad has a few hours to sit.