Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
I made this for a Christmas party. It was a hit! Even my kids love it and they were excited to be able to help prepare it. I put down 30 minutes of prep time, but it doesn't include 4 hours for marinating.
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 20 green olives
- 20 black olives
- 10 slices salami
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 (16 ounce) package muenster cheese or 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 40 toothpicks
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- Cook tortellini according to directions on package. Drain well and cool completely.
- Place tortellini and olives in bowl. Pour in dressing and mix. Marinate at least 4 hours (the longer it marinates, the stronger the flavor).
- Drain tortellini and olives well.
- Cut salami into quarters.
- Cut pepperoni in half.
- Cut 40 small chunks of cheese
- On a toothpick put: 1 olive, 1 salami, 1 tortellini, 1 pepperoni, and one chunk cheese.
- Repeat process until all is used up.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Made these last night. . .cheated a bit. Didn't marinate anything. Just took kebob scewers and cut them in half with scissors. On each one, strung 1 piece salami (folded in fours), 1 small fresh mozarella ball, 1 chicken tortellini, and 1 pre-marinated green large fancy olive (from the olive bar at the grocery store). EXCELLENT!!!!! I am sure they would be even better if I'd had time to marinate the stuff :) I just made these again. This time I used provolone cheese, pepperoni, roasted red pepper, green olives, and cheese tortellini. Topped them off with pesto for serving. YUM.
So pretty altogether on a platter! Undercook the tortellini a little bit if you'll be marinating longer than 4 hours.
We made this for my daughter's wedding reception and everyone LOVED them! I will make these again and again!