Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's another recipe from the Hospital I work at...We really enjoy it!
- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Drain spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible (I do this in a linen kitchen towel).
- Place spinach in a large bowl and combine with the rice, green onions and swiss cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mushroom soup, beaten eggs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add this mixture to the spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into a well buttered 9 x 13 pan; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 35 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.