1/1 Photo of Anne of Green Gables Raspberry Cordial
gingerkitten D's Note:
This recipe is from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook by Kate MacDonald. "Diana poured herself out a tumblerful, looked at it's bright-red hue admiringly, and then sipped it daintily. "That's awfully nice raspberry cordial, Anne," she said. "I didn't know raspberry cordial was so nice." " Anne of Green Gables chapter 26
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the unthawed raspberries into a saucepan and add sugar.
- 2Cook on medium, stirring occasionally until all the sugar ahs dissolved.
- 3Using a potato masher, mash the raspberries and syrup thoroughly.
- 4Pour the mixture through a strainer, extract all the juice.
- 5Squeeze two of the lemons and strain the juice, add it to the raspberry juice.
- 6Add the boiling water to the raspberry juice.
- 7Allow the cordial to cool, then chill it in the refrigerator.
- 8Serve cordial with a thin slice of lemon in each glass.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anne of Green Gables Raspberry Cordial
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 64.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g