Recipe by Anna Hermann
This is a fantastic summer salad. Fresh, clean, bright flavors, incredibly healthy and yummy. This recipe is gluten free/corn free/nut free (even though you could add some if you felt like it) and has great nutritional properties.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Ras El Hanout Spice Blend
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dried garbanzo beans (or 2 cans)
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, chopped finely (frozen or canned)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 inch piece ginger (grated finely)
- 1 tablespoon sage (dried or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- serve with fresh herb (parsley, mint, fresh sage)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using dried chickpeas, cook them in 2 cups of water and a tsbp of salt in a pressure cooker for 1 hour or follow directions on the bag for normal cooking. If using can, drain peas and add into a large bowl.
- Simmer red lentils in 2 cups water for ten minutes or until done, drain, and add to bowl.
- Rub salt and ras el hanut onto both sides of chicken breasts and either grill or put in the oven under the broiler until just done. Chop into larger bite size pieces and add into bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions, artichoke hearts, capers to bowl.
- Add zest of 1 lemon, grated ginger, sage, salt, pepper, honey, vinegar and oil into bowl or food processor and blend up until emulsified. Add dressing to bowl and stir all ingredients together.
- Serve with fresh wedges of lemon and fresh herbs (parsley, mint, or sage).