Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a mite different from the recipe already posted. Haven't posted the time it must drain, which is overnight. Found this on RecipeLand.com.
- 1 lb gorgonzola or 1 lb blue cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- Chop garlic, add to 1/4 cup of water in a small saucepan, let it reduce to 2 tablespoons.
- Beat cheese together.
- Add garlic mixture and salt, if desired.
- In a double layer of cheesecloth put sage leaves in a pattern in the center.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Put cheese mixture on top of nuts.
- Gather cheesecloth and form into a ball. Tie it together.
- Put the cheeseball in a strainer over a dish and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight to drain.
- Unwrap and serve with rye, or pumpernickel cocktail toast.