1/4 Photos of Angel Hair Pasta With Simple Garlic & Basil
magpie diner's Note:
I adore angel hair pasta, and such a fine pasta doesn't always need a big sauce. Serve with some kind of cheese or "cheez" if you wish, sprinkled on top. My children like it with sliced olives. There are many versions of this simple recipe, this one I adapted from www.cookingnook.com. This would probably be good for 4 as a side dish or 4 for lunch with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the olive oil up a large saute pan over medium heat. Once warm add the garlic and cook until it just begins to brown -- too long or too high and the garlic will burn.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and deglaze by pouring in the wine. Return the pan to the heat and cook for a few minutes. The wine should reduce by about half. Add in lemon juice, chopped tomato, and sea salt to taste. Stir once or twice then remove the pan from the heat again and set it aside to wait for the pasta.
- 4Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until desired tenderness, following package directions. Drain, then add the cooked pasta to the pan with the garlic & tomato mixture, along with the basil and some freshly ground pepper. Toss well, (if your pan isn't big enough, just do the tossing in a large serving bowl).
- 5*Tip: 4 ounces of uncooked pasta (spaghetti, angel hair, vermicelli, fettuccine or linguine) = a 1-inch diameter bunch of dry pasta = 2 cups cooked pasta. Generally they say 2 ounces of pasta is one serving, but for larger appetites this might not be enough.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Simple Garlic & Basil
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g