Recipe by jallsop
This was a "hit & miss" recipe in the beginning. After several adjustments, my family loves it. All the colorful veggies make this a pretty dish as well as flavorful. Instead of chicken, try using Shrimp. Careful; don't overcook the vegetables; they should have a slight bite to them.
- 1 large chicken breast, skinless, cubed
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil (or mix butter and oil to make 1/8 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut in thin rings and quartered
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 (8 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, in marinade
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (fresh)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box angel hair pasta
- parmesan cheese or romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cubed chicken in the oil and garlic until no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth and wine.
- Add the following ingredients in the order listed; red onion, yellow bell pepper strips, artichoke Hearts (include the marinade), and capers.
- Cook until tender.
- Add grape tomatoes, black olives, and spinach.
- Stir gently; cooking until the spinach wilts.
- If more liquid is necessary, add more broth or wine, or both.
- Serve over cooked angel hair pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional).