1/1 Photo of Angel Biscuits
1 hr 45 mins
I found this recipe in one of my cooking light magazines. These biscuits are easy to make and they have a great taste. I used 3 C. white flour and 2 C. wheat flour and vegetable oil instead of the shortening and they turned out perfect!!
My Private Note
1 biscu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl, let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Add yeast mixture and buttermilk to flour mixture; stir until just moist.
- 5Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 7Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface; knead lightly 5 times.
- 8Roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 9Place biscuits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 10Brush melted butter over the biscuit tops.
- 11Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g