1/2 Photos of Andouille and Chicken Kabobs With Creole Mustard
Creole mustard can be found in larger supermarkets. Zatarain's is a popular brand. Creole seasoning can be found in stores, or there are some recipes here on Food.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 8 pieces an
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 12 thick slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- creole seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Creole mustard sauce
- 1Preheat grill to medium high or preheat broiler.
- 2Brush oil on all vegies and meat, and season with salt, pepper and creole seasoning.
- 3Use 4 metal skewers. For each skewer use, 2 tomatoes, 2 pieces green peppers, 2 pieces of onion, 3 pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of andouille sausage. Thread the pieces randomly.
- 4For the sauce: In a saucepan combine the stock and mustard. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and gently boil for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 5While sauce is reducing, place the skewers on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side and then turn them over and cook for about another 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 6When the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil, and reduce for another 2 minutes. Now whisk in the butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- 7Place kabobs on a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andouille and Chicken Kabobs With Creole Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.3
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.9 mg
- Sodium 1791.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 44.0 g