Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Put all the ingredients in a pan with a thick bottom for two hours and let it become broth.
- Cut the little pieces of chicken and/or lamb and put them in the soup.
- Cut the spinach or melokhia in little rips and put them also in the soup.
- Put a little sunflower or olive oil in the baking pan.
- Squeeze the strings garlic in the pan and bake them until they are gold-brown of color.
- Then put the harissa and coriander in it.
- Now put the spicy paste in the soup.
- Always keep mixing.
- Make sure the melokhia or spinach doesn't become overdone.
- Serve it with Turkish bread.
My husband is originally from Egypt. One day I surprised him and made this for him. He absolutely loved it and said it tasted like hom