Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This idea came on one of the first really "crisp" fall days in North Texas.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 4 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In 2 quart saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in hot water and continue to stir over medium heat until mixture reaches a gentle boil.
- Stir in the soymilk and return to a barely boiling stage.
- Gently stir in the vanilla and serve.
I loved this! I reduced it to 2 servings and used splenda instead of sugar. I also used vanilla soymilk and therefore left out the vanilla. Really wonderful for a cold night. Thanks!