1/2 Photos of Amish White Bread
liz timm's Note:
I am always on the lookout for good yeast bread recipes. This is a good one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, then add the yeast.
- 2When yeast is proofed, mix in salt and oil.
- 3Mix in flour one cup at a time.
- 4Knead dough adding more flour if necessary.
- 5Place in a well oiled bowl and turn dough to coat.
- 6Cover with a damp cloth.
- 7Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 8Punch dough down.
- 9Knead for a few minutes and divide in half.
- 10Shape into loaves, and place into oiled pans.
- 11Allow to rise until dough has risen 1 inch above the pans.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g