I am always on the lookout for good yeast bread recipes. This is a good one.
Make and share this Amish White Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, then add the yeast.
- When yeast is proofed, mix in salt and oil.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time.
- Knead dough adding more flour if necessary.
- Place in a well oiled bowl and turn dough to coat.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Knead for a few minutes and divide in half.
- Shape into loaves, and place into oiled pans.
- Allow to rise until dough has risen 1 inch above the pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.