Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
A recipe for Amish Meatloaf topped with bacon strips and a ketchup glaze that I had while in Amish Country in Holmes County, Ohio.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed butter flavored crackers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended. Process into 1 9x5-inch loaf pan. Lay the two slices of bacon over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread over the top of the meatloaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.