Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
photo by PrimQuilter
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cubed chicken breasts
- 4 cubed potatoes
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- 1⁄2 package Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 package frozen peas and carrot
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 package garlic and herb rice mix
- 2 cups cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- Saute chicken, potatoes, and celery until potatoes become translucent.
- Sprinkle soup mix and toss until everything is coated.
- Add frozen vegetables, mushroom soup, broth and rice mix, including seasoning packet.
- Simmer over medium low heat until rice is tender.
- Add cream or half and half and heat through.
- Do not allow to boil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful flavorful soup. Very rich and makes a huge pot. We will be having this several night. I looked at 3 stores for Lipton soup mix and had to settle for Colonial Kitchen Vegetable soup mix from Albertsons and Rice-A-Roni Herb and Butter rice mix, which did not seem to matter. It was wonderful.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new foods and am often surprised to find how good those weird combinations and unconventional ingredients taste. My little girls (under 4)do not have coddled pallats and love everything from spicy thai food to spinach salad. I hope they are always open to something new, too.