Recipe by Annacia
This is from Amish Recipes.Net. It's an hour chill time not cooking.
Top Review by Peggy loves Dessert
I've been using your recipe for years without doing a review! As written it's pretty good. I take out the red bell pepper, change the dill to sweet peppers, change the vinegar to milk and add a can of drained tuna. Then it's exactly what my mom used to make! Thank you for giving me a recipe to work from to create my mom's!!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed.
- Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.