Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love, loVE, LOVE Ambrosia Fruit Salad. It's my favorite holiday treat. However in this recipe, it becomes a great quick dessert for any time of the year!
- 3 refrigerated pie crusts
- 24 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fruit cocktail
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Dump all the fruit into a colander and let it drain completely.
- Bake pie crusts according to package directions and allow them to cool.
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth, at least 2 minutes.
- Slowly mix in the Cool Whip until completely incorporated.
- Fold in the drained fruit, marshmallows, pecans, and coconut.
- Pile filling high into prepared crusts. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, before serving.
This is a wonderful dessert. It is easy to make and the fruit can be changed to suit individual tastes. My favorite is with strawberries.