This is a delicious brownie recipe I found on the IBS message boards. It's so simple to throw together, and you would never guess that it's low-fat and dairy-free! I like the brownies best when they're cool. Yum! They were originally called "Mom's Best Brownies", but I renamed them because I didn't want to imply that this was my mom's recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray 8" square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt; mix well.
- 4In large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- 5Stir in flour mixture until just blended (Do not overmix).
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake until just set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-25 min.
- 8Place pan on wire rack and cool at least 15 min.
- 9Cut brownies into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazingly Easy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g