Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious brownie recipe I found on the IBS message boards. It's so simple to throw together, and you would never guess that it's low-fat and dairy-free! I like the brownies best when they're cool. Yum! They were originally called "Mom's Best Brownies", but I renamed them because I didn't want to imply that this was my mom's recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 8" square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just blended (Do not overmix).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until just set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-25 min.
- Place pan on wire rack and cool at least 15 min.
- Cut brownies into squares.