1 hr 20 mins
megano o's Note:
While this quiche may take a little more effort than others - it is worth every second!! Very healthy and SUPER tasty! After trying many quiche recipes in search for a good one - I created this, which none other has even come close to!
My Private Note
10" qui ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 summer squash
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup mushroom
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces fresh grated mozzarella cheese
- 1**of course vegetables can vary according to season and preference CRUST Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2To prepare crust, combine oats and oat bran; cut in butter and applesauce with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add water; stir just until moist.
- 4Press mixture gently into a ball on wax paper, and cover with additional wax paper.
- 5Roll dough, still covered, into a 10-inch circle.
- 6Remove 1 sheet of wax paper, and fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 7Remove top sheet of wax paper.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
- 10QUICHE adjust oven to 325 In a large frying pan, cook eggplant, tomatoes and garlic until soft.
- 11Add zucchini, squash, spinach, mushrooms, onion, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- 12Blend and continue cooking until almost all juice is evaporated.
- 13Place vegetable mixture aside in a large bowl to cool Beat eggbeaters with ½ Parmesan cheese.
- 14Combine with vegetable mixture.
- 15Pour ½ vegetable mixture into quiche crust.
- 16Sprinkle rest of Parmesan cheese and ½ mozzarella evenly over mixture.
- 17Pour in remaining vegetable mixture and top with remaining mozzarella cheese Bake in 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- 18Quiche should be set and well browned.
- 20Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for AMAZING vegetable quiche
Serving Size: 1 (1718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2350.7
- Calories from Fat 1096
- Total Fat 121.8 g
- Saturated Fat 66.3 g
- Cholesterol 357.9 mg
- Sodium 4544.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 192.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 46.8 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 146.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute