Husband's new favorite pasta dish - "restaurant quality" and easy! Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 1/2 cups strained tomatoes (, I used canned diced tomatoes, italian style)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup cooked, shelled shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups cooked clams (, I used canned baby clams, drain & rinse well)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a lg frying pan and add onion and garlic.
- 2Fry over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until onions have softened.
- 3Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in lg saucepan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins or until al dente.
- 4Stir the strained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, bay leaf and sugar into the onions.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2-3 mins.
- 6Add the shellfish& lemon juice.
- 7Stir well, then cover and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- 8Do not over cook.
- 9Meanwhile, drain the spaghetti when it is ready and add butter to the pan.
- 10Return spaghetti to the pan and toss in the butter.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Serve the spaghetti with sauce spooned over it.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Spaghetti with Seafood Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: