Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Husband's new favorite pasta dish - "restaurant quality" and easy! Delicious.
Make and share this Amazing Spaghetti with Seafood Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 1⁄2 cups strained tomatoes (, I used canned diced tomatoes, italian style)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup cooked, shelled shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked clams (, I used canned baby clams, drain & rinse well)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a lg frying pan and add onion and garlic.
- Fry over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until onions have softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in lg saucepan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins or until al dente.
- Stir the strained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, bay leaf and sugar into the onions.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2-3 mins.
- Add the shellfish& lemon juice.
- Stir well, then cover and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Do not over cook.
- Meanwhile, drain the spaghetti when it is ready and add butter to the pan.
- Return spaghetti to the pan and toss in the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the spaghetti with sauce spooned over it.
This dinner was amazing. We loved the addition of the clams to this. The tomato sauce was flavored just right to complement the seafood.
Made this for dinner for my BF and he loved it!!Scaled it down to one person and made everything as written.Thanks for the recipe!!!
Very nice. I added some white fish at the same time as the mussels (clams), and some chopped red chilli and capers just before serving. mmmmm.....