Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was made for our "Scotch Dinner" and was served with the inside round of beef (family steak we call it). It takes the bite out of the horseradish so that you can taste the meat. Enjoy. This recipe can be doubled, tripled etc...
- 3 2⁄3 tablespoons horseradish (drain before measuring)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon sweet mustard (I prefer the sweet)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- Stir all ingredients together in fancy serving bowl.
- Serve with prime rib or cold family steak.
This was very good. We really enjoyed the taste.
My brother made this sauce to serve with our prime rib for Christmas dinner. It was outstanding. The flavor is intense without overpowering the meat. Thanks for gracing our Christmas dinner with your recipe.
I made this for a beef roast. It was delicious! I wasn't sure what "Grainy Mustard" was (ground powder mustard or a "Wet" mustard with a grainy appearance aka Spicy brown mustard or dijon) I needed to add extra Hellman's Mayo to get the consistancy that I like. I will make this again, but would like some clarification from the recipe poster about the grainy mustard. Marianne