Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very quick and tasty chicken recipe for 2. Can easily be doubled, tripled or more.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces boursin cheese (or two wedges of laughing cow garlic and herb cheese)
- 2 slices bacon
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread 1 ounce or 1 wedge of cheese onto each breast.
- Roll up and wrap with 1 slice bacon per roll.
- Place seam side down in baking dish and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees fahrenheit.
This recipe truly deserves it's title! I tweaked it a little, using chicken tenderloins in place of breasts. I sliced the chicken down the center, stuffed in the cheese, and wrapped them in bacon. I absolutely love this recipe!
This chicken looks very impressive, and it isn't hard to make at all! I used light laughing cow cheese and applewood smoked bacon. The only thing I needed to add was salt and pepper! Quick enough to make on a weeknight too. Thanks for sharing!
I printed out this recipe over five years ago and finally made it over the weekend - regretting I didn't do it years ago! I discovered my "fresh" chicken breasts were pretty much frozen stiff, so I was not able to flatten them. I just cut down the middle of each and stuffed in the cheese, then wrapped actually 2 pieces of bacon around each one. I was very pleased with the boursin cheese that it did not just melt and come out in the baking dish, but held together. I also roasted some tomatoes and onions and poured those over the top with a dollop of sour cream. Great recipe and this is low carb, too! Thank you for posting, KelBel, a new recipe for keeps.