1/3 Photos of Amaretto Strawberry Trifle
This is a recipe from my grandmother, which all of us grandkids just love! It has a wonderful flavor and a beautiful presentation! **OTHER TIPS -- you can also substitute raspberries and blueberries for some of the strawberries. For example, I liked to do strawberry and blueberry for Fourth of July. In a pinch, I've also used 8 oz of thawed frozen whipped topping in place of whipping the cream myself. Make your own angel food cake, or grab a store-bought one to use.** Also -- leftovers are GREAT for breakfast. We used to see who could get up the earliest to get to them :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut strawberries in half in a bowl. Add Amaretto and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and allow the mixture to sit.
- 2Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Set aside.
- 3Whip the cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- 4Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces into the cream cheese and whipping cream mixture.
- 5Layer in a large bowl - if you have a trifle-style bowl or other clear glass bowl, the layers look great in it. Start with the berry mixture as the bottom layer and end with the berries.
- 6Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Strawberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.9
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 599.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 68.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: