Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Beautiful baked salmon with an amaretto butter sauce. My husband's most requested dish.
- 1 lb salmon (can be whole piece or filets)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 fluid ounce Amaretto
- Wash salmon and pat dry.
- Place skin side down on foil lined baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover with a thin layer of dijon mustard.
- Sprinkle bread crumbers over salmon.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes depending upon thickness of salmon.
- When it is almost done, turn oven to broil, move salmon up and broil for 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Salmon should easily release from skin. Place on plates.
- While salmon is broiling, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add amaretto.
- Cook for one minute.
- Pour over salmon.
- I usually serve this with herb buttered noodles but it would also be really good with a nice rice pilaf.