Creamy Baked Salmon
One of my husband's recipes. We like to make this with lemon basil; it gives the dish great flavor!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter on medium high until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook on high for 5 to 10 minutes untill tomatoes start to break a part.
- Add cream and simmer on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Stir basil, salt and pepper in to cream sauce.
- In an oiled baking dish, pour cream sauce over salmon. Cover and bake for 12 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veggies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a real crowd pleaser. Comments started pouring in from the first bite. I made sure the onions were almost done before adding the garlic. Seems the garlic overcooks if I add them at the same time. I used canned diced tomatoes, so didn't simmer as long as suggested. I used half and half and fresh basil. The salmon was incredibly tender. It took me 20 minutes to cook to a temp of 135F, but my filets were about 8 oz instead of 6. Will definitely try it with fresh tomatoes next time. I was in a bit of a time crunch.Reply
Delicious! I tried to cut this down for 2 servings, but left the salmon in a single filet instead of cutting it up. Therefore, my cooking time was longer. The sauce on top is wonderful, and I'll definitely make this again. I'll reduce the temp next time if I reduce the servings to keep everything from cooking away.....my cream disappeared!!!! Made this for Best of 2010 Tag games, and totally understand why it ended up there......delicious!!!!!Reply
see 13 more