1/3 Photos of Alton Brown's Protein Bars
Chef #348440's Note:
These are healthy energy bars that Alton Brown demonstrated on his Good Eats cooking show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces powdered soy protein concentrate, approx 1 c
- 2 1/4 ounces oat bran, approx 1/2 c
- 2 3/4 ounces whole wheat flour, approx 1/2 c
- 3/4 ounce wheat germ, approx 1/4 c
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces raisins, approx. 1/2 c
- 2 1/2 ounces dried cherries, approx. 1/2 c
- 3 ounces dried blueberries, approx. 1/2 c
- 2 1/2 ounces dried apricots, approx. 1/2 c
- 12 1/3 ounces soft silken tofu
- 1/2 cup apple juice, unfiltered
- 4 ounces dark brown sugar, approx 1/2 c. packed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- 2Line bottom of a 13x9" glass baking dish w/parchment paper and lightly coat w/canola oil. Set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, oat bran, wheat flour, wheat germ and salt. Set aside.
- 4Coarsely chop the raisins, dried cherries, blueberries and apricots and place in a small bowl and set aside.
- 5In a third mixing bowl, whisk the tofu until smooth. Add the apple juice, brown sugar, eggs and peanut butter, 1 at a time and whisk to combine after each addition.
- 6Add this to the protein powder mixture and stir well to combine. Fold in the dried fruit.
- 7Spread evenly in the dish and bake for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 205 deg. Remove and cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Protein Bars
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: