Homemade Power Bars
photo by Lord Bezoar
- Ready In:
24 2-inch squares
- 4 ounces soy protein powder, approximately 1 cup
- 2 1⁄4 ounces oat bran, approximately 1/2 cup
- 2 3⁄4 ounces whole wheat flour, approximately 1/2 cup
- 3⁄4 ounce wheat germ, approximately 1/4 cup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces assorted dried fruits, approximately 2 cups
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package soft silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 4 ounces dark brown sugar, approximately 1/2 cup packed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- canola oil, for pan
- Line the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with canola oil. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, oat bran, wheat flour, wheat germ, and salt. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the dried fruit and place in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a third mixing bowl, whisk the tofu until smooth. Add the apple juice, brown sugar, eggs, and peanut butter, 1 at a time, and whisk to combine after each addition. Add this to the protein powder mixture and stir well to combine. Fold in the dried fruit.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 205 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I own my own Graphic Design company with my wife and two friends. Our family is always looking for something new and interesting. Cooking is honestly one of my passions and I absolutely love to share my creations with family and friends.