Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from a woman my husband works with. These are soooo good! I can't eat just one so don't make them very often. But oh so addicting!
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, creamed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (may double the rum to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, to sprinkle on before baking
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Combine butter, sugars, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in vanilla, egg and rum. Stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and the nuts and 1/2 cup coconut. Drop cookies by teaspoonsfuls about 2 inches apart on the cookie shees. Sprinkle coconut on top. Bake 8-10 minutes until just firm in the center.
What a nice change from regular chocolate chip cookies! We really enjoyed these. I forgot about sprinkling coconut on the top before baking and was also able to successfully make these gluten free. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
As i only used coconut i had none left to sprinkle and i also substituted chocolate with cacao. I only use wholewheat flour and brown sugar which turned out great in this recipe and worked well with the romm. I loved them, they came out a little chewy inside, perfect!
Delicious. I made exactly as outlined in recipe, using Bacardi 151 (2 Tablespoons) and they were perfect!