Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a very easy and very very tasty rice pilaf. It is a perfect side dish for any meal. I hope you will enjoy this dish.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a wonderful dish and what a beautiful presentation as well. Loved every ingredient and didn't and wouldn't change a thing. We had a very quiet dinner tonight which is an indicator of how much we enjoyed this dish. Served it alongside your recipe#501185 and a green salad. Can't wait to serve this to my extended family and friends. And, it's going right into my Best of 2013 Cookbook. : )
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth, good quality
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup large golden raisin
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in saucepan, add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes over high heat, remove mushrooms and reserve.
- Melt remaining butter, in same pan, add onions and peppers, saute until soft.
- Stir in the salt, thyme, rice and broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add in the reserved mushrooms, almond slices and raisins.
- Mix well, pour into a nice dish, season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with finely chopped green onions.